Saturday, October 4, 2008

I really enjoyed the video story activity. I used animoto for each of the three stories, and I really became comfortable using the program. I used flickr as well as open photo to gather my pictures. I also decided to incorporate some of my own pictures in the illini video. I think it made the video more personal and gave it a sense of character.

For two of the videos I used music from the animoto program, but I used a clip from free play music for the third. I think that each of my musical selections fits with the accompanying video. For the cubs video, I chose to use a song called "Around Town" because of the the Cubs' connection to Wrigleyville. For the illini video I used an upbeat song to demonstrate the aggressiveness of the fighting illini, and for the political video I used a song called "Reach" which talks about striving to make the world a better place.

I would definitely like to incorporate this program into my teaching. I think that the technology element is challenging, but the end product is rewarding and beneficial. I am proud of each of my videos, and the fact that they represent me overcoming my technological obstacles.

No comments: